导航菜单
首页 >  拒绝考试焦虑演讲稿  > TED演讲

TED演讲

Imagine that you're getting ready to go to a party.想象一下,你正准备去参加一个派对。

You feel excited, but also nervous,你感到兴奋,但也很紧张, 

and you've got this feeling in your stomach而且你的胃里有这种感觉

almost like another heartbeat.几乎像另一个心跳。

There's something holding you back, holding you back from getting too happy.有些东西阻碍了你,让你不高兴。

'No, you mustn't get too happy.“不,你一定不要太高兴。

Better to be cautious, otherwise, something bad might happen.'最好小心谨慎,否则,可能会发生一些不好的事情。“ 

You start wondering, 'Who should I talk to when I get there?你开始疑惑,“当我到达那里时,我该和谁说话?

What if no one wants to talk to me? What if they'll think I'm weird?'如果没有人想跟我说话怎么办?如果他们认为我很奇怪怎么办?“ 

When you arrive at the party,当你到达聚会时, 

someone comes up to you and starts talking with you,有人走近你,开始和你说话, 

and as this is happening,当这发生时, 

your mind starts racing, your heart begins pounding,你的思绪开始比赛,你的心开始砰砰直跳, 

you start sweating,你开始出汗了, 

and it feels almost like you're dissociating from yourself,感觉就像你和自己分离一样

like it's an out-of-body experience, and you're just watching yourself talk.喜欢这是一种身体外的体验,而你只是在看自己的谈话。

'Keep it together,' you say to yourself, but you can't.“把它放在一起,”你对自己说,但你做不到。

And it's just getting worse:而且情况正在恶化:

after a few minutes of conversation,几分钟的谈话后, 

the person you've been speaking to leaves,你一直在说话的人离开了, 

and you feel utterly defeated.而你却完全被打败了。

This has been happening to you in social situations for a long time.这在社交场合已经发生了很长时间。

Or imagine every time you go out, and you're in crowded places,或者想象一下每次外出,你都在拥挤的地方, 

you feel this panic starting to arise.你会感到恐慌开始出现。

When you're surrounded by lots of people,当你被很多人包围时, 

like on a bus, you start to feel hot, nauseous, uneasy,就像在公共汽车上一样,你开始感到闷热,恶心,不安, 

and to prevent this from happening,并防止这种情况发生, 

you start avoiding a lot of places which makes you feel lonely and isolated.你开始避开很多让你感到孤独和孤独的地方。

You or the person in both of these scenarios您或这两种情况中的人

have anxiety disorders,有焦虑症, 

and what I can tell you is that anxiety is very common,我可以告诉你的是,焦虑很常见, 

much more than people think.比人们想象的要多得多。

Right now, one in 14 people around the world现在,全世界有14个人中的一个

have an anxiety disorder,有焦虑症, 

and each year, it costs over 42 billion dollars每年,它的成本超过420亿美元

to treat this mental health problem.治疗这种心理健康问题。

To show you the impact that anxiety has on someone's life,为了向您展示焦虑对某人生活的影响, 

I will just mention我只想提一下

that anxiety can lead to depression, school dropout, suicide.焦虑会导致抑郁,辍学,自杀。

It makes it harder to focus, and to hold down a job,它使人们更难集中注意力,并且压低工作, 

and it can lead to relationship breakdown.它可能导致关系崩溃。

But a lot of people don't know this,但很多人不知道这一点, 

that's why, a lot of times, people sweep anxiety under the rug这就是为什么,很多时候,人们在地毯下扫除焦虑

as just nerves that you need to get over, as a weakness,作为一个弱点,你需要克服的神经紧张

but anxiety is so much more than that.但焦虑远不止于此。

A reason why so many people don't think it's important这么多人不认为这很重要的原因

is that they don't know what it is.是他们不知道它是什么。

Is it your personality? Is it an illness? Is it a normal sensation? What is?这是你的个性吗?这是一种疾病吗?这是正常的感觉吗?什么是?

That's why it's important to differentiate这就是区分的重要原因

what is normal anxiety from what is an anxiety disorder.什么是焦虑症的正常焦虑。

Normal anxiety is an emotion that we all get正常的焦虑是我们都得到的一种情绪

when we're in stressful situations.当我们处于紧张的情况时。

For example, let's say, you're out in the woods,例如,让我们说,你在树林里, 

and you come face-to-face with a bear.你和熊面对面。

This will probably make you feel a little bit anxious,这可能会让你感到有点焦虑, 

and you'll probably want to start running like crazy.你可能想开始像疯了一样跑步。

This anxious feeling that you get is good because it protects you, it saves you,你得到的这种焦虑感很好,因为它可以保护你,它会拯救你, 

and it makes you on a hightail it out of there,它会让你在那里出击, 

although maybe it's not such a good idea to start running when you see a bear.虽然看到熊的时候开始跑步也许不是一个好主意。

I really don't think you can outrun a bear.我真的不认为你可以超越熊。

Anxiety helps us meet our deadlines at work焦虑有助于我们在工作中完成最后期限

and deal with emergencies in life,处理生活中的紧急情况, 

but when this anxiety emotion is taken to the extreme但当这种焦虑情绪发挥到极致时

and arises in situations which don't pose a real threat,并且在不构成真正威胁的情况下出现, 

then that's when you might have an anxiety disorder.那时候你可能患有焦虑症。

For example, people with generalized anxiety disorder例如,患有广泛性焦虑症的人

worry excessively and constantly about everything going on in their lives,过分关注他们生活中发生的一切, 

and they find it very difficult to control this worry.他们发现很难控制这种担忧。

They also have symptoms like restlessness, fear,他们也有不安,恐惧, 

they find it hard to fall asleep at night, and they can't concentrate on tasks.他们发现晚上很难入睡,他们无法集中精力完成任务。

In spite of whatever kind of anxiety you might be suffering from,尽管你可能会遭受任何焦虑, 

there is something that you can do to lower it.你可以采取一些措施来降低它。

It works, and it's simpler than you may think.它有效,而且比你想象的要简单。

All too often, we're given medication for mental disorders,我们常常为精神障碍服用药物, 

but it doesn't always work in the long run.但从长远来看,它并不总是有效。

Symptoms often come back, and you're back to where you started.症状经常会回来,你会回到你开始的地方。

So here's something else to consider:所以这里有一些需要考虑的事情:

the way you cope or handle things has a direct impact你应对或处理事物的方式会产生直接影响

on how much anxiety you're experiencing,关于你正在经历多少焦虑, 

and if you tweak the way you're coping, then you can lower your anxiety.如果你调整你应对的方式,那么你可以降低你的焦虑。

In our study at the University of Cambridge,在我们剑桥大学的研究中, 

we showed that women living in poor areas我们展示了生活在贫困地区的女性

have a higher risk for anxiety than women living in richer areas.焦虑的风险高于生活在富裕地区的女性。

These results didn't surprise us, but when we looked closer,这些结果并没有让我们感到惊讶,但是当我们仔细观察时, 

we found that women living in poor areas,我们发现生活在贫困地区的妇女, 

if they had a particular set of coping resources,如果他们有一套特定的应对资源, 

they didn't have anxiety,他们没有焦虑, 

while women living in poor areas without these coping resources而生活在贫困地区的妇女却没有这些应对资源

had anxiety.有焦虑。

Other studies showed其他研究表明

that people who had faced extreme circumstances,那些面临极端情况的人, 

who had faced adversity, been through wars and natural disasters,面对逆境的人,经历过战争和自然灾害, 

if they had coping resources,如果他们有应对资源, 

they remained healthy and free of mental disorders,他们保持健康,没有精神障碍, 

while others, facing the same hardships but without coping skills而其他人,面对同样的困难,但没有应对技巧

went on a downward spiral and developed mental disorders.进展缓和,导致精神障碍。

So what are some of these coping resources,那么这些应对资源是什么呢?

and how can we use them to lower our anxiety?我们怎样才能用它们来降低焦虑?

And before I dive into what they are,在我深入了解它们之前, 

I'd like to point out - and I think this is so interesting -我想指出 - 我认为这很有趣 - 

you can develop these coping resources or coping skills on your own你可以自己开发这些应对资源或应对技巧

through the things that you do;通过你做的事情; 

you can take charge of your anxiety and lower it,你可以控制你的焦虑并降低它, 

which I think is so empowering.我认为这是如此赋权。

Today I'll be talking about three coping resources,今天我要谈论三个应对资源, 

and the first one is feeling like you're in control of your life.而第一个感觉就像你掌控着你的生活。

People who feel like they're more in control of their life那些觉得自己更能掌控自己生活的人

have better mental health.有更好的心理健康。

If you feel like you're lacking in control in life,如果你觉得自己缺乏对生活的控制, 

then research shows然后研究表明

that you should engage in experiences that give you greater control.您应该参与可以让您获得更大控制权的经验。

I'll show you what I mean:我会告诉你我的意思:

do you sometimes find that you put off starting something你有时会发现你推迟了一些事情

because you just don't feel ready enough?因为你觉得还不够准备好?

Do you find it hard to make decisions你觉得很难做出决定吗?

like what to wear, what to eat who to date, which job to take up?喜欢穿什么,吃什么约会,哪个工作要占用?

Do you tend to waste a lot of time你是否倾向于浪费很多时间

deciding what you might do while nothing gets done?什么都没做完,你决定做什么?

A way to overcome indecision and this lack of control in life,一种克服犹豫不决和生活中缺乏控制的方法, 

is to do it badly.是做得很糟糕。

There's a quote by writer and poet GK Chesterton作家和诗人GK Chesterton引用了一句话

that says, 'Anything worth doing is worth doing badly the first time.'这说:“值得做的事情值得第一次做得很糟糕。” 

The reason why this works so well这之所以如此有效

is that it speeds up your decision-making and catapults you straight into action,是它加速你的决策,并使你直接行动, 

otherwise, you can spend hours否则,你可以花上几个小时

deciding how you should go about doing something决定你应该怎么做

or what you should do.或者你应该做什么。

This can be paralyzing and can make you afraid to even begin.这可能是瘫痪,甚至可能让你害怕开始。

All too often, we aim for perfection, but never end up doing anything我们经常追求完美,但永远不会做任何事情

because the standards that we set for ourselves因为我们为自己设定的标准

are too high, they're intimidating,太高了,他们很吓人, 

which stresses us out so we delay starting something,它强调我们,所以我们推迟开始的事情, 

or we might even abandon the whole thing altogether.或者我们甚至可能完全抛弃整个事情。

Do it badly frees you up to take action.这样做会让你自由地采取行动。

I mean you know how it is:我的意思是你知道它是怎么回事:

so often, we want to do something perfectly we can't start通常,我们想要做一些我们无法开始的事情

until it's the perfect time, until we've got all the skills,直到这是一个完美的时间,直到我们掌握了所有技能, 

but this can be daunting and stressful但这可能是令人生畏和压力

so why not just jump into it just do it however,所以,为什么不跳进去只是这样做, 

without worrying if it's good or bad?不用担心它的好坏?

This will make it that much easier to start something这将使开始更容易

and as you're doing it badly to finish it,当你做得很糟糕时, 

and when you look back,当你回头看时, 

you'll realize, more often than not,that actually it's not that bad.你会意识到,实际上并不是那么糟糕。

A close friend of mine who has anxiety我的一个好朋友,有焦虑

started using this motto, and this is what she said,开始使用这个座右铭,这就是她说的, 

'When I started using this motto, my life transformed.“当我开始使用这个座右铭时,我的生活发生了变化。

I found I could complete tasks in much shorter time periods than before.我发现我可以在比以前更短的时间内完成任务。

Do it badly gave me wings to take risks, to try something differently,这是不是给了我风险的翅膀,尝试不同的东西, 

and to have way more fun during the whole process.并在整个过程中获得

相关推荐: